‘The Thing’ at the Alamo Ritz 6/22

The Thing

We’ve received quite a few inquiries about how the sale of Drew Struzan’s ‘THE THING‘ at the Ritz this Friday. I am going answer as many of them as I can here…

Posters will be available for sale for 6/22 ticket holders ONLY (that means both screenings 7:00PM & 10:30PM) Ticket holders have first dibs from approximately 5:00PM-7:00PM until the first screening begins. We will be there to organize the line beginning around 4PM. If you choose to arrive before that, be prepared to be reorganized according to our traffic plan.

After the first screening begins (approximately 7:00PM) we will open the sale to everyone else, that includes ticket holders for future shows and the general public.

Because the lobby of the Ritz is very small we will not allow Non-Ticket holders to queue up inside. There will be a separate line formed outside.

We will NOT be providing tubes. There is simply not enough room. We will be rolling the posters in Kraft paper, with Tissue. If you would like to bring your own tube, you are more than welcome to.

Customers will be allowed to buy one of each poster, and they are first come, first served.

No line holding, or buying for someone else who is waiting in line for the screening. You will only be able to purchase posters for yourself.

We will also be marking tickets after purchase so they are not reused.

We will be taking cash & credit.

If you have any other inquires please direct them to store@mondotees.com and we will do our best to help you out. We hope to be a positive portion of the experience of Summer of ’82, not an inconvenience, so please be considerate to the staff of the Alamo, and your fellow movie goers.

Thank you, and see you on Friday!

- Mo

11 thoughts on “‘The Thing’ at the Alamo Ritz 6/22

1. Elmer

Will there be any held back for online sells or will it be strictly whatever, if any are left-over? Unfortunately, for us that are unable to attend I would imagine that “The Thing” prints will sell-out at the shows.
    Thanks

2. tehhippy

Thanks Mo for taking the time to right up very good, explicit details on how the sales/queuing will be handled for this. I know you’ll be inundated with bitching, but just know that the vast majority of us greatly appreciate you taking these extra steps to make things clear.

Again, thanks – and see you on Friday night!

3. Willy

The print looks great! Excited to see the GID. Are any copies set aside for an online drop? There is a strong fan base unable to attend that would like at least a chance at one of these prints. Thanks!

4. Brad

Other than the glow in the dark inks, is there any difference between the regular and variant (metallics/color variation)?

Print looks great!

5. beo

Agreed, I live in Australia and it’s hard to get there ;) Though every time I check Mondo’s site the posters sold out overnight :( would definitely stay up all night for Drew Struzan’s !

6. JP

Man I love the Thing!!! This print looks awesome. Will there be posters for sale online. I am not available to attend since I live in another state.

Thanks,
    JP

7. James Massey

Willy, I’m sorry to say – I can’t imagine a situation where they won’t all sell out tonight. I could be wrong. I doubt any will be held for online as they’re offering sales to the general public after ticket holders.

8. Noel

Sure would be great if Mondo would eventually switch over to a modern ecommerce system where having an item in your cart gives you time to complete an order. I know Mondo has zero incentive to do this other than it’s the right thing to do for customer fairness, would still be nice though.

For example, I have a pre-existing account, I have software that auto-fills any billing info, I have an item in my cart. But then item is “sold out” because it being in the cart really means nothing.

I know I’m a broken record like a lot of commenters on this site but it’s frustrating. I am NOT at all bothered when things sell out quickly but having items actually in your cart and then having it sell out simply because the “cart” doesn’t mean anything and the site becomes unresponsive is a shitty customer experience anyway you look at it.

9. Noel

My comments of course pertain to the sold out “The Thing” poster on 6/28. It’s really simple this is the way other online shops work. When something is in a “cart” you have a few minutes to complete the purchase. It’s not a complicated concept but it would at least more properly allocate sales based on a first come first serve basis instead of on a who has a lower ping time to the processing server which is all that is happening now.

Maybe someday Mondo can publish where their server is physically located so I can pay for a client system that collocates where the server is since that is what matters in terms of completing a purchase on this site.

10. panic disorders

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a friend who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast due to the fact that I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this subject here on your web page.